Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Psalm 4 (KJV)


1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.





2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity (pride, arrogance), and seek after leasing (loaning themselves out) Selah.





3 But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto him.





4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.





5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord.



6 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance (face) upon us.





7 Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.





8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

 
01 09 10