Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Scriptures For Those Who Suffer With Anxiety, Part 3

1 Samuel 28 (KJV)
15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted (make {someone} worried or anxious.) me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.




Psalm 38 (KJV)
8 I am feeble (fragile, helpless) and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness  (worried or anxious.) of my heart.



9 Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.
10 My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.



11 My lovers and my friends stand aloof  (unsympathetic, hard-hearted) from my sore; and my kinsmen (blood relatives) stand afar off.
12 They also that seek after my life lay snares (bait, entrapment, pitfall, noose, trick, booby trap) for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous (naughty, destructive) things, and imagine deceits all the day long.



13 But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.
14 Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs (disapproval, blame, criticism).
15 For in thee, O Lord, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.





Psalm 42 (KJV)
1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?




3 My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted (worrisome or anxiousness.) in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance (facial expression).




11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted (worrisome or anxiousness.) within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance (facial expression), and my God.



Psalm 43 (KJV)
5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted (worrisome or anxiousness.) within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance (facial expression), and my God.






Proverbs 30 (KJV)
21 For three things the earth is disquieted  (worrisome or anxiousness.), and for four which it cannot bear:
22 For a servant when he reigneth; and a fool when he is filled with meat;
23 For an odious (extremely unpleasant; repulsive.) woman when she is married; and an handmaid that is heir to her mistress.




24 There be four things which are little upon the earth, but they are exceeding wise:
25 The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer;
26 The conies are but a feeble (weak, frail) folk, yet make they their houses in the rocks;
27 The locusts have no king, yet go they forth all of them by bands;
28 The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces.





29 There be three things which go well, yea, four are comely (agreeable; suitable.)
 in going:
30 A lion which is strongest among beasts, and turneth not away for any;
31 A greyhound; an he goat also; and a king, against whom there is no rising up.
32 If thou hast done foolishly in lifting up thyself, or if thou hast thought evil, lay thine hand upon thy mouth.
33 Surely the churning of milk bringeth forth butter, and the wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood: so the forcing of wrath bringeth forth strife.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

 
01 09 10