Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Leviticus 19 (KJV)

1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the Lord your God am holy.




3 Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my sabbaths: I am the Lord your God.





4 Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten (to become liquefied by warmth or heat, as ice, snow, butter, or metal.) gods: I am the Lord your God.





5 And if ye offer a sacrifice of peace offerings unto the Lord, ye shall offer it at your own will.




11 Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.
12 And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord.
13 Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.



14 Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the Lord.




15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect (favor) the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.




18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.



27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar (cut up) the corners of thy beard.

Simply put, do not shave the hair on the sides of thy head or on the sides of the beard. ~ Karmen



28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.




29 Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.



30 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord.




31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.




33 And if a stranger sojourn (a temporary stay) with thee in your land, ye shall not vex (irritate) him.
34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.





35 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in meteyard (yard, staff, rod), in weight, or in measure.
36 Just balances, just weights, a just ephah (an ancient Hebrew dry measure equivalent to a bushel), and a just hin (a Hebrew unit of liquid capacity equal to approximately 5.5 quarts), shall ye have: I am the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt.
37 Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: I am the Lord.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

 
01 09 10